Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School

Wow, I can't believe summer's almost gone.  It seems like it flew by, with the two conferences I attended this summer, the girls and their two weeks in Colorado, and my graduation in Phoenix - followed by a short vacation in southern California.  The girls have been back in school three weeks.  They are part of Georgia's newest online public school - Georgia Connections Academy (GACA)- and are enjoying it. 

The girls are not newcomers to online education; they attended Colorado Virtual Academy and Georgia Cyber Academy - both schools using the K12 curriculum.  With the switch to GACA comes a new curriculum and online learning management system.  As a learning coach, it is very easy for me to navigate around but I am noticing some interesting differences in the system, which I like. 

The girls will get to meet other GACA students this week at a bowling event - I can't wait to meet other parents and kids, not to mention the teachers and staff!

Whatever the start of this new school year may bring, I play for blessing and prosperity for each person who reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment