Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Coke vs Diet Coke - one of my pet peeves

I thought I'd write about one of my biggest pet peeves.  You'll probably laugh when you read it, but it really gets annoying after awhile!  Okay, here goes...... one of my biggest pet peeves is when I order a regular soda in a restaurant and the server brings a diet soda instead.  Okay, are they trying to tell me something?  Even if I were on a diet (I'm starting one next week, by the way), I would not drink diet soda - GROSS!  I was on a mystery shop recently where I ordered a regular Coke and the server appeared a couple of moments later with a Diet Coke.  When I said I had ordered a regular Coke, she apologized profusely and went to get the correct drink.  Now, this next part is really funny.  She returned with ..... drum roll, please...... a Diet Coke!  As soon as she got to the table with it, she realized what she had done and finally brought the regular Coke.  This is just one of the times something like this has happened to me.... I think I'll stick to water from now on. 

4 comments:

  1. Good, do stick with water! If you can't get used to the taste of diet soda, then it's just as well to quit drinking soda altogether. Sugared drinks -- not natural fruit juice, but drinks with added sucrose -- are one of the biggest contributors to America's obesity epidemic. Regular soda is bad for EVERYONE. And the acid in all sodas, diet or otherwise, destroy the enamel in your teeth. There's even a school of thought that drinking and eating sweet-tasting things in general activates your brain's hunger center, thus encouraging you to want to eat more. So switching to refreshing water is a very sensible plan. ;) (P.S. This is Alice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, I think they keep making this mistake because they're operating on auto-pilot. They serve a lot more diet sodas than regular, so it's just a muscle memory thing. They're simply too used to using that diet soda spigot! Could be the explanation, but it doesn't excuse the mistake. Part of their job is to turn OFF the auto-pilot and pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I don't like either, I'm a Sierra Mist or Sprite Girl. But I think sticking to water is the best choice.

    I love your blog. I'm following you on Google Friend Connect. Love the background you picked too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd bet that waitress drinks too much dt. coke and it's affecting her memory ;-) Sticking to water is a great plan!

    ReplyDelete