Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome, Fall

It's officially fall - my new favorite season.  Although it doesn't feel like fall temperature-wise where I live, leaves have been falling for weeks.  The mornings and evenings are a little cooler and we're not running the air conditioner in the house as much.  I can't wait to see the yellows, reds, and oranges on the trees in our neighborhood.  The kids are back into their school routine.  Our family has a few birthdays in September - my mother-in-law's today, my sister-in-law's in a couple days, some of the girls' friends - fall birthdays are fun.  September is also a special month to me as it marks the anniversary of my mother's passing - September 24 will always be remembered in our household.  My favorite uncle (my mother's little brother) passed away September 10 of this year, almost 11 years to the day of my mom's passing.  I like to think of them in heaven now, with their parents, joking about the good old days.  The beginning of fall has many fond memories for me and for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment